Friday, August 16, 2013

Texturizing


I am fascinated by "texturized" photos. For me it adds depth to an image that may be interesting, but just lacks that appeal that draws you in. The process can be long and tedious or quite simple using various software programs. I use Photoshop for layering and blending layers and also have several other types of software that produce quicker results. Both these photos were processed on my iphone (or Ipad) using the "Distressed FX" App. It is very simple and provides about 40 effects. Today there are countless options from buying "packaged" textures and Photoshop Actions to many software products that seem to grow by the day. I guess we are all looking to find that which separate us from other photographer styles. I would say that I try to produce images that appeal to me and hope others feel the same way about my work, though I know beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment