Sunday, September 1, 2013

Summer's Long Goodbye

August has been a very busy month for me, with photography not being high on the priorities list. I've been busy moving both my kids in different directions; son to college at Texas A&M and daughter to her new digs in Lewisville, Texas where she begins her new teaching job.
August has also been oppressively hot and dry and forever long. Here in Texas it seems like summer never wants to end. Today is the opening day of Dove season which I'm skipping due to a 103 degree forecast, but the sound of shotgun blasts this morning reminds me cooler temps will come, and hopefully plentiful rains.
After not shooting much for a while, I start getting the urge to get out and find something of interest. Around here this time of year it's usually sunrise or sunset. Friday night I decided to skip the HS football game and head out to the lake for a sunset shoot. This is my favorite out of 2 or 3 I really liked. (and yes there is some digital manipulation here)
Enjoy............

No comments:

Post a Comment